Wholesale fish work

Submitted by Dan on 4/3/05 at 5:45 PM. ( dyelkin@brittonsd.com ) 12.13.119.26

I see people advertising that they want wholesale fish work. Is their a demand for people to mount fish for other taxidermst? I mount alot of perc, crappies.bluegills and walleyes and was just wondering. Thanks Dan

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

I would guess...

This response submitted by Luke on 4/4/05 at 11:04 AM. ( ) 165.121.58.241

that like anything else, there would be some people who do not do fish, and turn away the business, but for the most part I think a better route would be to fill a wall in your local sporting goods store with fish mounts, and have your brochures & cards readily available for customers.
Get to know the owner & salespeople and be generous with them to build your business.
I am sure there are a lot of guys who would go for a couple bucks an inch fee to sell your fish mounts to their established clients because they prefer to do only mammals & birds.
I guess the question should be... Where do I want to be in a year, or two from now with my fish work? And what is the best way to reach that goal?
Ad space in Fishing& Hunting news is cheap, and it's national. Why not earn as much as possible, and invest that couple bucks into your own advertising?
Build your own business, and raise rates annualy.
It's a big country so dont get caught up in the mindset that " My area does not have enough demand." If you build it, they will come:0)
It's your world!

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu