Habitat for redfish

Submitted by bj on 4/5/05 at 1:21 PM. ( ) 146.130.118.71

Guys... any suggestions on where to buy habitat material for a redfish scene. Or just some general ideas to try. This is my first time.

Thank you, bj

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

Try...

This response submitted by Luke on 4/5/05 at 10:41 PM. ( ) 165.121.62.61

Research Mannikins and find one of their foam bases in their catalog.It will appear as grey in color, and cost about 10 bucks.
Find a nice piece of driftwood, and secure it into the base with a 3" screw through the bottom, you may need to dremel out the foam a bit to insert the wood.
Then find some aquarium plants (fake) and hot glue it to the base.Use some elmers glue (a bunch!) and brush it all over the base, then pour fine sand over the whole deal repeatedly until coverage is complete. Let dry 24 hours, then attach your fish to the driftwood.
There you go.
-You owe me 50 bucks! :0)
Have fun!

Luke...

This response submitted by bj on 4/6/05 at 10:33 AM. ( ) 146.130.74.219

... Thanks for the info.

Any info on attaching fish to wood or shell? I guess screw or wire. If you can tell me more about attaching the fish it would be big help.

Thanks again..

Sure

This response submitted by Luke on 4/6/05 at 5:15 PM. ( ) 165.121.59.96

Us an allthread steel rod, and insert it into the belly of the fish prior to painting, then drill a hole in the driftwood where you want the fish, and when everything is done the very last thing you will do is attach the fish into the hole of the driftwood. Use a strong 2 part epoxy to attach, and brace with various objects on your bench for 12 hours so the epoxy sets up.
Now you owe me another fifty bucks!
I will put it on your bill.:0)
Have a good one!

Thanks

This response submitted by bj on 4/7/05 at 10:44 AM. ( ) 146.130.101.52

wow... I better stop asking questions bro... I'm on a budget.

Thanks again!...

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu