Luster Flex?

Submitted by scottz on 11/9/05 at 9:43 AM. ( woodswatersz@aol.com ) 66.136.187.205

I think that is what its called. Ordered from Rinehart. I was told at the MTA show to use this on fins instead of fin finish. To place masking tape on one side of fin, then coat the front of fin. After dry, remove tape and brush on back of fin. Then it can be heated to "curve" fin. I have 2 pedestal LM Bass to do. Does this sound right? Will it work better than silk span on 360d mounts?

Thank you, Scott Zykan

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

It's really thick stuff

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 11/9/05 at 11:42 AM. ( ) 64.184.41.69

I heat it a little in a microwave before using it to thin it. However I don't use it much anymore as Sobo glue is more cost effective. Not knocking it though.

It's awesome stuff.

This response submitted by Todd B on 11/9/05 at 4:25 PM. ( ) 4.224.93.38

I have never heated it to curve the fin though. If I want a curved fin I curve it and let dry that way, and then use the Lustre flex. But like Cecil mentioned heat it in the microwave and it goes on alot smoother. But it works great on fin repairs too. It is a bit pricey so I use it mostly on my competition pieces and use the Tuff-Fin from Lifetone for commercial stuff.

Todd B

Oh one more thing...

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 11/9/05 at 7:34 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.69

If you live in California it causes cancer there. At least that is what the jar says, "This product has been known to cause cancer in the state of California."

LOL

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu