airbrush ?

Submitted by LEE on 11/13/05 at 5:29 PM. ( ) 71.114.229.174

I am thinking about buying an airbrush and was looking for some opinions.
I have been looking at the Paashe millennium set and also the Paashe VL#3 set sold on WASCO.
These seem to be very economicaly priced and I was wanting to know if one is better than the other or if I should consider a different airbrush altogether?
Is the double action very hard to control?

Thanks

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

you'll find many varied opinions......here's mine...

This response submitted by Marc on 11/13/05 at 7:39 PM. ( ) 69.216.184.144

I learned on a double action VL. I am VERY glad I did not chose a single action even though control and quality of work produced is just as good. Some may say a single action might be easier for you and give you a better end result. Eventually the brush becomes an extension of your hand and then the double action(in my opinion) is the way to go. It is more convenient for me to use the double. I also have the single but never use it. I actually have five or six brushes but my favorite (so far) is one called VEGA. It is produced by badger airbrush co. It just seems to spray nicer and less hassles. It also has a more slim design which fits well in my hand. You in time, will find that it has more to do with how clean your brush is,how well your paint is prepared and what type of humidity you are spraying in that makes the most difference.
That millenium might be pasches answer to the vega so this might be the brush to buy for you. I have not tried that one. Good luck.

another opinion

This response submitted by taxidermistswife on 11/14/05 at 12:19 AM. ( ) 69.129.54.120

Hi Lee, I learned on a Paasche VL double-action and am very pleased with it. I just bought a second one the other day. It takes some trial and error to learn all the ins and outs, but it's doable. I bought my last one at a local store and they only had the VL model in the Paasche. If I didn't want it right then, I would've got the Millenium. Have never tried any other airbrush, but would definitely go with a double action no matter the brand. Just my 2 cents worth. Okie Taxi

You take this one George

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 11/14/05 at 5:31 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.69

I'm tired of answering the same question over and over when it's under the orange (George) button. LOL

pasche and aztec

This response submitted by ryan on 11/14/05 at 5:50 PM. ( ) 67.136.217.231

I use a pasche vl double action for my coating and larger detail and I use an aztec for the real detailed stuff like trout spots and vermiculations and it seems to work great for me. My pasche seems to get cloged up and drive me nuts when I turn the pressure way down and try to do the detail with it.

Thanks

This response submitted by LEE on 11/18/05 at 4:41 AM. ( ) 71.114.229.174

Thanks for the replies.
Helps a ton

LEE

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu