Epo-Grip is proud to annouce "Fin Magic"

Submitted by Steve Steinbring/Epo-Grip on 11/15/05 at 4:33 PM. ( nsc@netrus.net ) 70.148.166.138

Newton Supply Company manufacturer of Epo-Grip are happy to announce a fish fin reproduction product "Fin Magic". An easy product to use that produces reinforced translucent fins in about 12-15 minutes without the problems of other methods. Fin Magic is easy to color with paste chalks, and other non oil based tinting materials.

Once cured the Fin Magic reproduction fin can be quickly trimmed and carded to the desired shape. Fins can also be reshaped by adding mild heat and re-carding. Fin Magic is quickly paint ready after trimming and removing mould release from new fin. Additional uses include use as a fin backer for natural fins.

Available soon from a Epo-Grip distributor or direct from Newton Supply Company manufacturers of "Fin Magic".

Any questions please feel free to call us at 800-888-2467 ask for Steve or Erik.

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

Fin Magic

This response submitted by Frank E Kotula on 11/15/05 at 7:18 PM. ( basswtrout@msn.com ) 141.158.145.173

For those of you wondering about this product and is it really as good as Steve said it is, well I can attest to that.

When I personally met Steve at the 2003 and three World show, we sat and discussed this about Epo-Grip coming out with a product for fins. Since we're all used to the old fins on the market as of today, hot glue or some other punched out fins that have no real realism to them.

So for the next few years Steve and I (mostly Steve) kept on creating a formula for fins and would send some up to me to try out. Each time I wasn't a happy camper with the product for it just wasn't doing what I would have liked it to do etc, etc......

Well now after two years of trail and error he came up with a mix that is superior to any fins that are on the market. It's cost effective, works great and does what it says it does.

If your not sure yet about the product and you either went to the 2005 World Show or attend the National's, I had a Bluegill reproduction there that took First place at the World Show and took The best reproduction fish at the NTA show.

I would stand behind the product or say what I'm saying if I hadn't tried it on a competition piece to make sure it'll do what Steve says it does. So for commercial work the product is great and if you want it for competition it'll also work just as great!

So give it try and if your not sure about any thing just e-mail here at basswtrout@msn.com and I'll also be glad to help out with any questions about it.

I look forward to using this product!

This response submitted by Rick Krane on 11/15/05 at 8:01 PM. ( rmkinc1@msn.com ) 70.109.133.57

Steve is a gentleman and his products are unparallel in this industry. Mastery of Time is the key to any good business and Epo-Grip products tremendously produce consistently time after time with assured precision allowing you the advantage in hand, that is what sets them apart!

My best!

Rick Krane
Anglers Artistry
312 Chesterfield Rd
Hinsdale, NH 03451

What do you guys prefer to use to make the mold?

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 11/15/05 at 9:21 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.69

RTV? How about a brief description of how you make the mold and what you use for a release? I'm ashamed to say I'm still back in the old days of making plaster casts of fins as in the book Museum taxidermy although I am not knocking the book.

Great product

This response submitted by Rick Carter on 11/16/05 at 7:33 AM. ( ) 67.140.206.183

Move over hot melt & fiberglass fins. Steve sent me a test sample and this stuff rules! You could dang near make a guitar pick out of fin magic! I think it would work well as a fin coat on real fins as well.

Moulds

This response submitted by Steve Steinbring on 11/16/05 at 9:25 AM. ( ) 70.148.166.138

Fin Magic works very well with either RTV or bondo moulds which were the two methods we tested.

Forgot

This response submitted by Steve Steinbring on 11/16/05 at 9:51 AM. ( ) 70.148.166.138

Just about any mould release material can be used without any problems.

Thanks look forward to using it!

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 11/16/05 at 12:58 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.69

Thanks!

Hi Steve

This response submitted by DaveT on 11/16/05 at 6:40 PM. ( ) 24.32.86.13

Looking forward to giving it a shot.

DaveT

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu