fish glue

Submitted by jason on 11/16/05 at 8:29 PM. ( jdo76@netnet.net ) 206.40.124.132

earlier this year there was a debate about using glue when mounting fish, i have decided that it probably is a good thing to do,and i am going to start using glue, i have searched some but i am not finding it

what are u guys and gals usind for your glue

and also what do you recomend for fish clay,i only do about 10 fish a year and some of the products come in 25 pound bags,will this stuff go bad,or do i need to use something that comes in smaller weights

thanks a lot for any help,
hope all is well jason

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

I use Wallmart Latex caulking

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 11/16/05 at 9:03 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.69

not because it's cheap (about 99 cents a tube) but because it works well. There really is no latex in it but or it would curdle when it makes contact with my borax soaks skins but it does work well. No latex listed in the ingredients either. Imagine that.

I use the white fish clay in the McKenzie catalog. Yes its a large quantity, and it will take you a while to use it up, but it's realtively cheap and as long as you seal it good after use, you can keep it indefinitely.

thanks cecil

This response submitted by jason on 11/16/05 at 10:01 PM. ( ) 206.40.124.165

always a pleasure to get a response from u, u have answered my questions

refrigerate

This response submitted by Monty Artrip on 11/19/05 at 4:24 PM. ( ) 69.245.173.141

Also remember your clay will last longer refrigerated (and sealed well).

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu