Ahh! Fish Taxidermy! LOL!

Submitted by Rick Krane on 11/18/05 at 7:14 AM. ( rmkinc1@msn.com ) 70.109.133.57

Sure it is nice to live out in the country! It is all peaceful and quiet...But those darn raccoons every morning at 4:30am trying to take residency in my dumpster! LOL! What are ya going to do...? I sometimes watch them or take photos of them and some days I think about .... Well you are taxidermist after all....

It is not such a bad thing to have such a problem looking at how hard so many others have it. I was juts having my morning cup of tea and it made me think as annoying as I think the raccoons are at least I have a roof over head and food in the cupboards (and not to many more fish in the freezer). Not that this has any thing to do with fish taxidermy at all however being a fish taxidermist and taxidermy has been good to me and my family I will toady go through my old coats and winter stuff and donate them to some place in town that can make good use of them. I know it is a bit early yet but I'm thankful for what I have...

Fish Talk later...

Rick Krane
Anglers Artistry

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

Blessed

This response submitted by DaveT on 11/18/05 at 7:41 AM. ( ) 24.32.86.13

Wise is the man who realizes that he is blessed and know by whom that blessing has come...

DaveT

You've got raccoons I've got stray cats

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 11/18/05 at 6:08 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.69

Several houses down is a f'ing cat factory with spaying and neutering apparently never heard of. They try and get into my garbage cans on the deck. The dog hates em. Got a live trap and thinking of dropping them into the pond after I trap them but I just don't have the heart yet. Don't have a small caliber gun anymore and I'm afraid the shotgun pellets would ricachet all over the cage.

Cecil

This response submitted by Crusty on 11/18/05 at 7:24 PM. ( ) 209.165.183.148

My buddy is dealing with that right now. Cut a hole in the garbage can lid. Or cut a piece of plywood to put on it with a hole in it. Rig up a conibear, right on top of the lid or plywood. Cats ain't trap smart. They'll stick their head right through it. Wire the trap so when they fall off, they hang. If they survive the initial snap of the trap.......

I had a trap like that from a friend

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 11/19/05 at 8:04 AM. ( ) 64.184.41.69

it was set in the back of a small plastic garbage can. It was so strong I had a hell of a time setting it. I was a afraid the dog would get her head into it. I may borrow it again.

Yep

This response submitted by Wally on 11/20/05 at 11:33 PM. ( ) 216.251.183.73

Cecil use a set of setting tongs .Take a look at them on trapperman.com mighty easy to build Aint to many feral Cats getting out of a 220 conibear!!
Baffled bucket set keeps Ole yeller out of it,,,

Yep the friend gave me the tongs but

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 11/21/05 at 9:45 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.69

I still had a hell of a time. Kind of scared of the dam thing to tell the truth. I need my fingers to do taxidermy! He told me one of the disadvantages of that trap was the crap gets squeezed out of the cat which didn't thrill me either.

Did you hear that PETA folks!

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu