well what do you know...!

Submitted by Marc on 11/28/05 at 5:12 PM. ( ) 70.224.193.160

Ron Reynolds sold CATCH AND RELEASE to Mc Kenzie supply. Will the prices come down? Will the service be better? Will more forms be added to their line? SURE HOPE SO!

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

I just hope...

This response submitted by marty on 11/28/05 at 5:48 PM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

...the quality and service continues unnoticed. Thanks Dave and Ron for several years of flawless service and quality replicas.

P.S. One plus - I won't have to deal with that Canadian conversion factor anymore (I'm not even sure I'm making any money - lol!)

Good luck Dave and Ron and thanks again!

Just received the letter today

This response submitted by AndyO on 11/28/05 at 7:20 PM. ( ajossola@yahoo.com ) 68.252.194.252

I heard the rumors but the letter Ron sent out makes it official. I thought Rons prices were very reasonable for the product he put out. McKenzie really has a stronghold on the industry. One can only image who will be bought out next and how it will affect the taxidermist.

I would like to thank Ron for his service and wish him and his family only the best.

Why is "McKenzie" painted to be the villian

This response submitted by George on 11/28/05 at 8:48 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.133

I'm just guessing now, but I doubt McKenzie went out looking for these companies. Much like when supply Mike Noonkester Supply sold, it was found out that McKenzie had been approached and not the other way around. Small suppliers are going the way of the mom & pop businesses of the post WWII era and it's just a fact of life. At least when they sell out to people like McKenzie, we don't lose a line of great products, but instead have it perpetuated. Everyone gripes about Wal-Mart yet the parking lots are always full.

Dont jump to conclusions George

This response submitted by AndyO on 11/28/05 at 9:14 PM. ( ) 68.252.194.252

Nobody's painting McKenzie to be a villian. In this case, as Ron states in his letter, "...the right time and the right opportunity had come along." Nobody's forcing anyone to sell. Personnaly, I think McKenzie is a first class supplier and have no problem ordering from them.

I for one still support the local mom and pop stores as much as possible. I sometimes pay 50% at the lumer yard, that has been in our community for ninety years, rather than shop Home Depot with all their "self service cashier bull crap". Do I shop Wal Mart, well yes, do I like it...not really, but there arent a whole lot of choices anymore.

Ron and Dave have been nothing but top notch to me as well..

This response submitted by Marc on 11/28/05 at 10:02 PM. ( ) 70.224.244.200

was just being a frugal business man hoping for more.I have always been pleased with CATCH AND RELEASE!Infact, Will the people I talk with at McKenzie be as familiar with each and every replicas nuances as Ron or Dave were, when I had questions? HOPE SO!

I'm with you Andy

This response submitted by George on 11/28/05 at 11:17 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.137

I just made the post to forestall those who WOULD say that.

I like McKenzie, but...

This response submitted by Monty on 12/3/05 at 5:55 PM. ( ) 69.245.173.141

Sometimes wonder about them controlling the majority of the taxidermy supply business. Will this eventually lead to overpricing if they are the only source for most of the items we need?

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu