Can't find correct size replica.

Submitted by Buck on 11/29/05 at 6:17 AM. ( ) 66.15.40.173

Just getting started into the replica part of the taxidermy business and was wondering who makes the best replicas and what do you do when you can not find the correct size replica of your customers fish?

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

I tell them I...

This response submitted by marty on 11/29/05 at 8:35 AM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

...can't find the correct size. Then, I offer them something close, preferably a tad bigger. They usually bite...

Also Buck...

This response submitted by marty on 11/29/05 at 9:15 AM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

...When somebody calls inquiring about a replica I do tell them that replicas are an approximation of their fish. It sort've sets up the expectation that it may not be exact. Plus, what I do sometimes is IF I can only find a replica an inch larger (either in length and/or girth) and I know they're stuck on exact dimensions, I may simply charge them for their length and "eat" the cost of that extra inch. I've never had a customer complain that their fish looks too big. And with the curve, an inch gets absorbed anyway. Everybody's happy. Just the way I do things...

I do the same

This response submitted by Mark H on 11/29/05 at 10:50 AM. ( haskees@netzero.net ) 63.17.31.3

thing as Marty, I'll go larger and I don't charge for the extra inch. Never any complaints on that.

get more lists

This response submitted by newbirdman on 11/29/05 at 7:43 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.137

Buck , if you cant find the correct size for your fish , maybe you dont have enought lists to look at . Not every one has all the molds you need .You have to have a lot of lists on hand . Now I make fish blanks and if you want my list , just e mail me . Rick

newbirdman@aol.com

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu