My first fish reproduction-Wynia CPR

Submitted by Pete K. on 11/30/05 at 7:36 PM. ( ) 64.136.27.229

Hey guys, just recieved my first repro blank-- 21" smallie from Wynia CPR--wow, it looks great and I can't wait to start. CPR did an excellent job in their shipping packaging--no flaws at all. I've painted skin mounts but want to try a reproduction. I bought a couple videos(dennis arp) and a paint schedule book to guide me a bit. I've got excellent reference photos since my son caught and released this fish. It sure is a bit intimidating seeing an all white fish to start with, but I'll probably feel more comfy after i do the paint/steel wool first step. Since this is my first one I can't compare quality with this CPR but I wanted to go with what a lot of you said was a good quality blank--a bit pricy, but I wanted to start right. I already plan on purchasing a few more CPR and Arp blanks next. Thanks for the previous advise and I'll post a link to a pic of my first attempt.

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

ONE NICE....

This response submitted by terryr on 12/1/05 at 9:12 AM. ( ) 12.207.33.102

thing about repros is they can be stripped and painted again and again and again (sorry i was obscessing about my first northern repro)

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu