Yee Haw went ice fishing today

Submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 12/6/05 at 8:30 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.104

Big Lakes aren't safe but the ponds are. About 3 inches of ice and making more. Three perch and five bass in an hour. But it was Cooooooooooold. Only 1 degree F. this morning.

Anybody else icefishing yet?

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

ice fishing

This response submitted by jason on 12/6/05 at 8:46 PM. ( ) 206.40.124.77

is almost over here in wi. just kidding,they have been fishing for a bout 2 weeks now i do not know thickness,but from what i have seen fishings been great,probably be on the river this weekend, i hope .all i want for christmas is 3or 4 inches on the fox river.50, 60 walleyes a day last year

happy fishing jason

I almost went

This response submitted by Dal on 12/6/05 at 11:43 PM. ( dedunagan@earthlink.net ) 208.61.125.151

ice fishing one time, but I remebered that I had a cousin, years ago, that went and caught 200 lbs of ice. He and his wife both drowned when they tried to fry it up! I will stick to warm water fishing, thank you very much.

Hey Jason .. Fox River.. where ?

This response submitted by Buck on 12/7/05 at 2:45 AM. ( michael.rodgers@web.de ) 83.176.141.114

Hey Jason, as you know,I'm from Lake Geneva, can you give me the heads-up ? Buck...

Hey Buck...

This response submitted by Marc on 12/7/05 at 9:17 AM. ( ) 70.224.212.92

Not sure if Jason is talking about the same location, but the same type of action is found just below the damn at De pere. Which is really part of Green Bay. There is a park, it's name is voyager. it's located about 400 yards below the damn(east side of river). People walk out from there and set up. obviously evenings and mornings are best. As with all fishing, it's the very subtle fine tuning of your presentation that reaps the rewards. Talk to Jason as to EXACTLY what he is doing or you may waste your time. Good luck and thank God for the polluted water or they'd all have been plucked out already. TRANSLATION........don't expect to take any home for the fry pan. They are not fit for human consumption.

ah..er ...DAM

This response submitted by Marc on 12/7/05 at 9:20 AM. ( ) 70.224.212.92

OK, OK so my spelling is consistent with my math skills!

Dal must be from the south

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 12/7/05 at 2:09 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.104

I noticed you guys don't know what your missing. :-)

hey mark

This response submitted by jason on 12/7/05 at 5:09 PM. ( ) 206.40.124.44

just so u know i have been eating them for 10 years

yum,yum

no twitching yet

Thats great jason.......

This response submitted by Marc on 12/7/05 at 5:31 PM. ( ) 69.216.186.81

I've been twitching for years and I don't even eat stuff out of the Bay much less the river, Hahaha. PS. I have (HAD) a really sweet nissan maxima. It wasn't new by any stretch but in mint condition and a super car. I opted to only insure it with collision as it was over 5 years old and my second vehicle. WELL, I piled it into a state HWY fence in a storm the other day and now she's toast. I played russian roulette with insuring that vehicle and that's one thing but, playing russian roulette with your health is quite another. Hope it works for you though and.. did you tell Buck your secrets on success? The best hole I know of is just north of the park and today I crossed the river and saw one or two portables out there.

Marc

This response submitted by Brian on 12/9/05 at 11:40 AM. ( brianwatson@allstate.com ) 167.127.107.11

Marc, Haven't been out fishing lately but your insurance story caught my ear as that's my occupation.If you insured your Maxima with "collision" only you should be fine as the damage would be covered up to the marketable value of your Maxima. If you insured it with only "comprehensive" then the russian roulette bullet hit you square in the head. Too bad about your car. I hope you didn't get hurt in the process. I don't know if your State has "limited collision" but that's the coverage I recommend when a customer is on the fence between insuring their vehicle full coverage or PLPD. Limited collision will do everything standard or broad form will do only you have to be Not at fault. If you are at fault, it doesn't pay anything. Usually, though, from a claims perspective, sliding on ice, snow, etc. and hitting something is deemed at fault. Ask your insurance agent about limited collision and also ask him how many miles your second vehicle (the new Porsche you get), is rated for annually. A vehicle, at least here in Michigan, that is driven LESS than 7,500 miles a year gets a pretty decent rate drop. Good luck, stay safe.

Yep,

This response submitted by DDG on 12/9/05 at 10:08 PM. ( ) 64.33.160.134

just went out tonight. Got a couple 22 inch wall-dogs, both after dark. Built a nice fire out there and had a great time. We have about 8 inches up here in wisconsin.

Thank you very much Brian...

This response submitted by Marc on 12/10/05 at 10:40 AM. ( ) 70.224.235.161

unfortunately I miss stated and it was "comprehensive" I had.No injuries, but one heck of a ride. Ever aim backwards in a car going 60? WOOO HOOO! The information you gave me is invaluable. Especially at this time when I will need to replace. PORCHE? Hahaha. Closest thing I ever got to a porche was one of those old VW microbuss'. They had porche built engines, hahaha! That 7'500 mile plan sounds interesting as I work at home. I will definetly check this all out. Thanks again. PS. Never thought I'd learn so much great stuff about so many things ,through a taxidermy forum.

Your welcome Marc

This response submitted by Brian on 12/11/05 at 12:22 PM. ( brianwatson@allstate.com ) 167.127.104.11

Marc, Glad to help. Hey, I get some some pretty good tips from you guys, it's nice to be able to return the favor. I even learned that Cecil's dog could manufacture a good "brown" replica. Too funny. Anytime you need some advice, and that goes for anyone reading this, shoot me an insurance question. Use my e-mail if need be. Good luck.

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu