Hey Cecil...

Submitted by Marc on 12/16/05 at 4:17 PM. ( ) 70.225.12.8

I got invited out for fish tonight. As luck would have it, we will be eating at the same restuarant that sold zander as walleye. I submitted a complaint with the C.P.A. a while back about this estblishment and it's false advertising,after your info on this practice being detrimental to domestic fish farmers as well as the polution concerns was posted. Will be interesting to see if the squeaky wheel has gotten any grease.But just to be safe I will eat the perch ...ER, AH, young zander? Hahaha.

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

Let me now what you find out Marc

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 12/16/05 at 5:58 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.104

Not only I but the Wisconsin Aquaculture Association would be interested.

Just remember the fish that get imported from eastern Europe don't have the health inspections ours do and the water quality there sucks. Probably every chemical know to man in their water.

What a joke......

This response submitted by Marc on 12/16/05 at 11:10 PM. ( ) 70.224.241.105

They took walleye off the menu. Guess what they added! PIKE! I asked what kind of pike. they said "walleye pike". Haha. I said, UM, NO SUCH THING MAM! It stared to get ugly and I was with a date so I let it go but was P.O. cause they also had baby pike on the new menu too. BABY PIKE? C'mon. I know its zander. I am calling the owner and will talk to him incase the C.P.A. (a government agency) never followed up on my complaint. Seems they are going to thumb there noses untill pushed. One of the local TV stations has a call in line where you can request an investigation of local happenings. Maybe this is the route I should take.

In Ontario

This response submitted by kt on 12/17/05 at 12:13 AM. ( ) 63.173.85.50

they call walleye a walleyed pike. They also call them pickerel and blue pickerel in Quebec.

Zander has got lots of controls ,helth issues on what ?

This response submitted by Buck on 12/17/05 at 3:39 AM. ( ) 62.180.196.46

Marc,Cecil,...What the heck can be an "Issue" about Zander ? are you worried that prices for fish farmers will have to go down,because Zander is imported ? Just want to hear it.. an clear it ?
Buck...

No Buck its against the law

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 12/17/05 at 5:42 AM. ( ) 64.184.41.104

in this country to sell something as one thing but it's another. And yes it's not fair to the commerical fisherman to dump something cheap on the market like the zander.

Most of the zander is coming out of eastern Europe. I believe the Black or Caspian Sea. We know what kind of pollution they have there don't we?

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu