Fenwick Fly Rods

Submitted by Jeff on 6/15/06 at 8:36 PM. ( huntinfishin@brockwaytv.com ) 12.183.101.98

I just purchased a fly rod from a guy down the street. It's a Fenwick Feralite, FF605, 6' 2oz. AFTMA Fly Line No. 5 This rod is in very good condition. And, it is super, super light. Is there anybody out there that would be able to tell me a little history about this nice rod and what it is worth? I appreciate your help.

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

Sorry to break the news to you Jeff but...

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 6/15/06 at 11:59 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.53

Fenwicks are no Orvis' I remember lots of Fenwicks growing up and I never thought they were anything special.

That's weird...Twilight Zone time

This response submitted by Jeff Soto on 6/16/06 at 2:36 AM. ( ) 75.4.23.152

My name is Jeff too and I have that very same rod that girlfriend (now my wife of 32 years!) bought for me back in 1970. I got on a fishing tackle forum a few days ago to ask pretty much the same question and guess what? I was told by several "experts" that I should use this rod and enjoy it because it is not really worth much more than it was when it was bought. I think she paid around $40.00 for it. It is an absolute blast to use on large Bluegill and sunfish. One more thing Jeff...What does a Fenwick flyrod question have to do with this fish taxidermy forum?

Check e-bay

This response submitted by Wolfman on 6/17/06 at 9:23 PM. ( ) 207.118.25.209

I have bought & sold several of the old fenwicks there. In their time they were considered on of the best.
If it is in good condition and you still have the origanl sock & tube, you could get as much as $80.00 or more for it.

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu