Black Drum Paint Schedule

Submitted by Russell on 6/28/06 at 12:06 PM. ( averytaxidermy@mindspring.com ) 4.152.162.92

Working on a huge black drum reproduction. The fish is 51 inches long. Had him molded from the customer's fish. The photos provided by the customer show two different colorations. My Breakthrough fish paining manual and realfish manual do not include this fish. Does anyone have one? Or can i alter the schedule in one of these manuals for this fish?

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

lonestar chart

This response submitted by James J on 6/28/06 at 3:24 PM. ( jwj4856@cmaaccess.com ) 12.10.65.205

Here is a copy of the chart listed on Lonestar Taxidermy website, I used it on one a while back and it looked great. They have otyher charts listed if you need anymore just go yo the supplier section and click lonestar taxidermy and get what he has. hope this helps.
James

Black Drum

Colors Used How to Apply
100 Basecoat Sealer Spray 2 coats over entire fish
971 Silver Metallic Body of fish
701 Off White Belly, lower sides, inside mouth, anal and ventral fins
961 Grey Pearlescent Top of head and back, upper sides, upper fins and tail, spraying from head to tail.
936 Deep Gold Pearl or
933 Bronze Metallic Over 961 spraying from tail to head
102 Natural Flesh *Some specimens have a pinkish cast. to achieve this. Spray 102 lightly over 933 or 936
104 Dark Red Base of all fins, bottom base of tail, gills
601 Jet Black Lightly reproduce vertical bars, if present. Shade all fins and tail. Darken back
102 Natural Flesh Vent, inside throat
701 Off White "clean up" mouth, face and gill area
Liquid Crystal 2 or 3 coats
allow 15 minutes between coats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu