caribou mount

Submitted by Josh on 8/31/00. ( hhl3@aol.com ) 205.188.208.166

Hi, my name is Josh. I'm going to be mounting my first caribou,I have mounted a whitetail.My question is, is the procedure the same as a whitetail. Thanks for your help.

Return to Category Menu

Similar on a grand scale

This response submitted by Kristoph on 8/31/00. ( skinme2@aol.com ) 152.163.189.69

Hi Josh, If you've successfully mounted a white tail I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to tackle a caribou. The mounting procedure is the same, just make sure you have good reference for your facial/detail work. One thing you may want to consider depending on the size of the rack is making one or both sides removable on pins. This makes transporting or simply moving the mount considerably easy. If you need help with the antler pin procedure feel free to e mail me or make a new post regarding that, I'm sure you'll get some great information and assistance , Best of luck to you.....

Jump rigt in

This response submitted by Doug S on 9/1/00. ( ) 209.253.142.33

Besides the fact that they are a little bit bigger I think caribou are the easiest game head to do. Just don't order a form that is too large.

one big difference

This response submitted by Derek E on 9/10/00. ( ekdahldh@hotmail.com ) 161.184.232.219

When you come to tuck the upper lip you may find it impossible to get into position. This is because a Caribous upper lip has some exposed skin as well. Watch your referemce here because too much exposed skin makes it look like it is trying to kiss you and not enough exposed will not allow you to position the nostril skin properly.
I hope this helps you.

Return to Category Menu