Domestic Goat Stinks

Submitted by jnh on 1/7/00. ( ) 216.228.207.89

I have a large angora bill goat to mount. It smelled really bad when I got it but I hoped that once it was tanned this would be gone. When I got it back the smell was better yet it is still to stronge to expect anyone to put it in the house. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the stink???? Thanks.

Return to Category Menu

Works for me ....Sometimes?????

This response submitted by dave on 1/7/00. ( ) 164.87.200.11

There will be allot of guys disagree with what I'm about to tell you but, here goes..... I've had the same problem and asked the same questions and still don't know for sure how to do it. I've taken the cape when it is returned from the tannery (wet tanned)and soaked it in gasoline for a hour or two. Taken it out of the gas, wash it good in dish soap (Dawn or Joy with lemon) and mount it like I normally would. After it drys completely if any smell is detected I'll spray it with "Ferbreze" and usually that will take care of the rest of the odor. If the Smell returns after a while or on humid days, another quick spray down with the ferbreze seems to handle it again. May not work for you, and many with allot more knowledge than I have will probably disagree, but I've tried the Malogon and other chemicals that claim to remove odors and have yet to find anything that works for "GOATS". And BTW, I've never lost a cape or had any damage to any capes from the gasoline. There is one thing for sure, You'll never get it out with just soap and water. Give it a try, "It Works for Me".

Return to Category Menu