Auto Tanner Good or Bad

Submitted by Jim on 1/14/00. ( Cote27 ) 205.188.208.11

Wanted. Some opinions on auto tanners

Return to Category Menu

There are many post in this one.

This response submitted by John C on 1/14/00. ( ) 204.180.103.72

Check the archives. there is a lot of post there. I have one and think its fine, easier to owrk that a commercial tanned hide. Better than dry pres-----. Yes you can do Bobcat and Coyote rugs too. JOhn C

Auto Tanner

This response submitted by cc on 1/14/00. ( ) 205.188.209.44

Best money ever spent. Fast and one great tan that works well with good strech. Also can leave in there and work on something else,then pull out when you have a little time. I tested it this summer and left one in two months came out perfect. Also I think it shaves better than pickling.

I love mine!

This response submitted by Pacemakr on 1/14/00. ( jfwagner@hereintown.net ) 209.240.200.72

Rough flesh the red meat, split the lips, eyes, etc..., toss in the tanner, 1 hour later take out and complete the fleshing, put back in tanner for 2 hours, done. If you had the mannikin already, you could have the animal mounted the day you kill it (of course there's no way to preorder a mannikin). It can make a smelly hike come out clean. It won't un-slip bad hides, but will stop the decomposing process where it is.

I love mine!

This response submitted by Pacemakr on 1/14/00. ( jfwagner@hereintown.net ) 209.240.200.72

Rough flesh the red meat, split the lips, eyes, etc..., toss in the tanner, 1 hour later take out and complete the fleshing, put back in tanner for 2 hours, done. If you had the mannikin already, you could have the animal mounted the day you kill it (of course there's no way to preorder a mannikin). It can make a smelly hide come out clean. It won't un-slip bad hides, but will stop the decomposing process where it is.

JIm if you want some pieces of AUTO-TANNED deer hide

This response submitted by John C on 1/15/00. ( ) 204.180.103.189

E-mail me and I wil send you some that are totally dried and you can rewet with plain clear water and see for your self.
JohnC

Return to Category Menu