Cleaning Mounts

Submitted by Nancy on 5/8/01. ( nwluv2laf@aol.com ) 152.163.188.229

I would like any information on cleaning hair and fur on mounts.

Return to Category Menu

Vacuum

This response submitted by George on 5/8/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.188.195

Easiest way is to use your soft bristle brush attachment on your vacuum and clean in the direction of the hair and fur grows. A good furniture polish sprayed on a soft cloth will give the hair a glisten, but remember, it adds a layer of oil that will further attract dust and dirt.

Swiffer

This response submitted by Lisa on 5/8/01. ( ) 63.14.92.130

I use the swiffer sheets or any other brand name works. The dust clings to the sheets and therefore no residue.

If the deer has nicotine and tar soils with dust.

This response submitted by Steve Steinbring/Epo-Grip Adhesives on 5/8/01. ( nsc@netrus.net ) 206.251.198.23

If your mount is soiled with nicotine and tar soils mixed with dust our Epo-Grip Bloodout/Degreaser does an excellent job in removing the soils. A good hair conditioner can be applied after the cleaning to restore the hairs luster.

I can't take it...

This response submitted by Lisa on 5/9/01. ( ) 63.14.92.146

Please forgive me, but do you do windows? I am sorry ,George,perhaps too much time in the shop. Maybe the swiffer and vacuum thing can be a new trend?

Lisa

Wallpaper cleaner

This response submitted by Cur on 5/10/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.209.243

I haven't looked for it lately, but the old clay consistancy wallpaper cleaner works well. If nothing else is handy, plain old white bread with crust removed and hand-pressed into a ball will pick up dust without leaving tracks or residue, especially on bird feathers..........I don't do windows, and Lisa.....what is a swiffer?/I would ask the maid, but her english is not so very good......lol

If you use the right English

This response submitted by Lisa on 5/10/01. ( ) 63.14.183.237

You may get your feathers dusted, BUT DUCK!

Last time I messed with a duck, I woke up...

This response submitted by Bill Gaither on 5/11/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.209.228

Feeling down in the mouth....

You've must of gotten...

This response submitted by Lisa on 5/11/01. ( ) 63.14.92.73

pickled and then tanned, your feathers, that is.Who started this? Was it me or thee? LOL But...Please, tell me it was'nt a goose!

try windex

This response submitted by frank on 6/7/01. ( ) 205.188.208.41

try windex or like product to clean an old mount.it works!

Return to Category Menu