streach/liqua-tan

Submitted by lee on 11/17/01. ( ) 12.18.158.25

i have an elk cape that i have tanned with liqua-tan, it has been shaved. my question is; will i gain more streach if i let it dry and rehydrate, or will i get all the streach that is possible the day after liqua-tan? any help greatly appericated!
lee

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Liqa-tan needs to dry into the hide to do the job, but.

This response submitted by John C on 11/17/01. ( ) 208.44.115.147

you can mount it without drying before mounting. If you want a better leather dry it. I would go ahead and mount it 18 hours after painting it with Liqa-tan. You will need to wipe the inside of the skin with laq.thinner for hode paste adhesion.

what about streach

This response submitted by lee on 11/17/01. ( ) 12.18.158.25

john,
what about streach, will i have all the streach i can get after 18 hrs?
lee

Liquid Tan

This response submitted by Paul on 11/18/01. ( paulstax2000@yahoo.com ) 24.3.196.34

When I use Liquid Tan I let it set overnight folded up, bagged and placed in fridge. It should stretch out to what it was when green if properly shaved, thats really all you want for a properly fitting cape to form. Lay it flat and measure neck widths than order form, than freeze until ready to mount. Thats the best way i have found using Liquid Tan. Also use enough product, its a lot thicker hide for the tan to penetrate....Paul

STRETCH

This response submitted by Grammar police on 11/19/01. ( ) 216.153.130.81

STRETCH!

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu