Screwed up form.

Submitted by Jeff on 3/23/02. ( ) 64.12.96.201

How much is a form that has no panel on the back to put a hanger on worth. I was wondering because I got one today. I ended up fixing it myself but dont think they should get thirty bucks for that form.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

?

This response submitted by Bob C on 3/23/02. ( bobswildlife@aol.com ) 205.188.209.8

Jeff, I'm not sure exactly what your talking about. All gamehead forms have backboards in them. They actually seal the mold so the foam can't escape. As far as hangers go, the only company that I know of, that offers hangers on their forms is McKenzie. Get use to the price nowadays. Unfortunatly like everything else, prices keep going up. The crazy part is it cost almost as much to ship a form as it does to buy it! Bob C

2nd?

This response submitted by mike d on 3/23/02. ( the_taxidermist@yahoo.com ) 208.46.229.170

If this was a regular wall form and it had no backboard
then it was a mistake in molding!
Usually supply companies will sell these at about 1/2 price!
Trace the back of the panel on 1/2" plywood, cut it out with
saber saw and use foam or bondo to attach it to the form.
Call the supply company and let them know what happened;
it is cheaper for them to credit your next order than to pay
the freight to have you return it and then pay the freight to
send you another one!
If the form was a pedestal type, then they usually have very small blocks
in the brisket area, rather than a full block.Because of the way they are
displayed you are required to come up with something that suits
your particular mount!

Yeah!

This response submitted by Jeff on 3/24/02. ( ) 64.12.96.41

It was a regular wall mount form, no backboard. I called they said they would credit me seven dollars. If I had not needed it right a way I would have sent it back and got it somewhere else. I think the back board is worth more than seven dollars.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu