PLEASE HELP! I HAVE MILLER MOTHS IN MY MOUNTS.

Submitted by GREG PILIBOSIAN on 3/27/02. ( GPILIBOSIAN.@COMCAST.NET ) 68.62.24.111

HOW DOES ONE GET RID OF MOTHS(I THINK MIILER MOTHS) THAT HAVE LAID EGGS IN 3 DAYS IN MY MOUNTS. THEY ARE DESTROYING THEM. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.

THANKS GREG

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Quick fix

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 3/27/02. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 67.241.79.195

Find a cat flea spray that contains pyrethrins as an active ingredient. Hartz Mountain did have one such available just about every where. Read the label to be sure. You can also find it as an active ingredient in dairy parlor sprays. Aromatic cedar chips from a pet shop can help as a deterent for the adult moth.

try Sevin Dust (carbaryl)

This response submitted by Larry on 3/28/02. ( ) 209.240.222.132

Take em outside and give em a good dusting(wear gloves and facemask)After a couple of days blow with shop air.You can find it at your local garden center.

How 'bout...

This response submitted by marty on 3/28/02. ( meshimkus@yahoo.com ) 12.251.53.29

...flea-collars on all your mounts - lol! Sorry, couldn't leave it alone...

Doesn't anybody use....

This response submitted by cyclone on 3/28/02. ( ) 129.43.43.200

PROTEX?

Does it not work anymore?

Get the JEWELED FLEA COLLARS

This response submitted by Glen (WHO?) on 3/28/02. ( ) 63.26.248.186

Sorry, Marty, I couldn't leave it alone! I use to tape up cat flea medallions under the kitchen cabinets to ward off cereal beetles, millers and evil spirits. I guess it was just the idea of biscuits and maggots that bothered me. If the idea of a visible flea collar bothers one, a feller could probably take out a chunk of plywood and foam from the backboard and make a cubby hole. If a feller made a big enough cubby hole, he could probably fill it with aromatic cedar and staple a screen to retain. Gary Bowen's head hanger system could provide an air space.

What about Cedar Guard

This response submitted by Chris on 3/31/02. ( ) 65.165.183.52

What about useing cedar Guard in a sray bottle. Spray down pritty heavy and clean up the mounts after the moths are gone. Chris

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu