Will a Highland bull form work for a Hereford bull

Submitted by Terri on 08/02/2002. ( thaken@chartermi.net ) 66.188.52.180

I have a Hereford bull to mount (shoulder mount). The hereford bull form(one size available) is to small. The highlander bull form would be just about a perfect fit. I've never seen a highlander bull. Are they built the same as a hereford? Would the Highlander form work?

Thanks Terri

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Scottish highlanders

This response submitted by Ron on 08/02/2002. ( ) 205.231.189.175

You should be able to make the highlander form work if you have good measurements of the hereford. You may have to do some cutting or building up in areas. You can also make the smaller hereford form larger but that is a real pain. If the measurments are closer with the highlander go with that. The scottish highlander is a wierd looking critter covered in long hair. Picture a hereford crossed with a wolly mammoth. The scottish highlander association has a web sight but I can't remember the address. You can do a search if you want to see one. Good luck

Bulls

This response submitted by Gaven Hawk on 08/03/2002. ( Gaven Hawk@aol.com ) 64.12.96.6

Van Dykes has a picture of a Scottish Highlander in their catalog on page 47. I think the form will work with some minor modifications. and from what it looks like they will be very minor. I used to raise and show hereford cattle when I was in high school and college. The facial features look pretty close.

Good Luck

Thanks guys

This response submitted by Terri on 08/05/2002. ( thaken@chartermi.net ) 66.188.52.180

I appreciate the replies. I thought it probably would work but I've never really been around cattle much.

Terri

From a cattle raiser

This response submitted by Samie on 08/26/2002. ( ) 24.225.8.18

I have personally raised hundreds of herefords in my life, and currently have a few highlanders- A highlander is a very small and dumpy animal compared to most breeds of cattle and certainly the present day hereford. Todays highlander is similar to the hereford of the 1940's and 50's. I really question whether or not the form will be close _ I guess it comes down to your ability to adapt and overcome on the form . Just trying to be helpful==good luck to all

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu