Carribou Eyes

Submitted by Ernie on 09/18/2002. ( memtaxidermy ) 65.167.45.82

Can some one recomend an eye for Caribou. I have seen pics of a freshly taken carribou and noticed that the commercial eyes available from tohikon are not close to the correct color. The gray eye is not correct. The old elk eye they used to have look the clossest but to no avail they don't make them anymore. I believe and have had the advise givin to me to use the meder 34 mm deer eyes for Carribou.
If those commercial Carribou eyes are used in a compitition wouldn't the judge hammer you for not knowing that these Gray toned eyes are not correct?

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Try Van Dykes

This response submitted by TDR on 09/18/2002. ( ) 67.232.82.154

I've been using Van Dykes AFE2 Big Game Series Wildebeest(110268) pg. 118 of their catalog. I think you will like how they look.

Ernie, your references were DEAD

This response submitted by George on 09/18/2002. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.188.199

To make the statement you just did and complain about how Tohickon's quality didn't match what you saw is almost ludicrous. I know for a fact that a dead whitetails eye looks nothing like one in the here and now. Lasso a caribou and hold the Tohickon up next to it, THEN tell me.

I use grey eyes in my caribou

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 09/19/2002. ( ) 205.188.209.10

You start checking caribou reference and youll soon see grey eyes, dark brown eyes, rich brown eyes, and hazel eyes...all correct. Tohickon has the IQ series of eyes for caribou that are unmatched. Call them and ask for Paul, he will help you.

I use grey eyes in my caribou

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 09/19/2002. ( ) 205.188.209.10

You start checking caribou reference and youll soon see grey eyes, dark brown eyes, rich brown eyes, and hazel eyes...all correct. Tohickon has the IQ series of eyes for caribou that are unmatched. Call them and ask for Paul, he will help you.

Thanks

This response submitted by Ernie on 09/19/2002. ( ) 65.167.45.87

Bill ,
Maybe its me but I have about 10 good reference pics of fresh kills collected from customers in the past 2 yrs and in every single photo you don't see gray mostly a rich amber/ brown tone. very much like the Meder Iq's Just can't rotate those eyes correctly. Thanks for the info though. Ive been searching all over the net to see those gray eyes and the only time I do see them is on dead caribou. Ernie

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu