After the velvet

Submitted by DP on 09/15/2002. ( ) 216.209.149.38

I have already read the archive's, but have two dumb Q's.
After i removed the velvet, there is a thin membrane, will the stain penetrate, or must i PEEL it off? Do I use warm soapy water and a scrub brush, or is there a more effective technique? Thank's in advance. Dave

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Then you didn't read the archives

This response submitted by George on 09/15/2002. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.96.78

If, after you strip the velvet, you toss the antlers in a pond or tub of water for a few weeks, everything sloughs off under a water hose.

To the smartest dumb ASS

This response submitted by Dave on 09/17/2002. ( ) 216.208.65.137

I already knew that BONEHEAD! Why cant you just answer my bloody question without your "perverted" asshole'ish attitude. But i must say you are a wealth of knowledge, ever thought about being on game show's?

Ingrate or inbred

This response submitted by Geroge on 09/17/2002. ( ) 205.188.209.144

If you KNEW that,then why'd you ask. There IS NO MEMBRANE if you dump them in a pond and IF there's no membrane, what's to KEEP the STAIN from taking. Another example of natural selection not working and and endorsement for retroactive abortions.

Where did that come from?

This response submitted by Mark on 10/06/2002. ( ) 216.228.196.99

Did I miss something in that last exchange? DP asked two addmittedly dumb questions, George gave a polite and perfectly reasonable answer, and DP got pissed off. Maybe DP has been sniffing too much Bondo lately. Lighten up or no one will answer your dumb questions anymore.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu