My well water is turning my blonde hair, ORANGE!

Submitted by Kristin on 01/18/2003. ( Flychickadee@aol.com ) 152.163.189.104

Hi,

I just moved to Land O' Lakes, FL... and apparently there is something REALLY wrong with my well water, and after doing some research I'm pretty sure there is too much iron in it. We do have a water softener and iron filter - that clearly isn't working too well. Because my once blonde hair is turning more and more orange every time I wash it! It is so upsetting, b/c everything I've tried so far in attempt to keep my hair from eventually becoming fire engine red hasn't worked. My hair dresser can't even get it out!

So my question is... Has anyone had this problem before? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to get the rusty orange crap out of my hair? Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Kris

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

maybe

This response submitted by paul bunyan on 01/18/2003. ( paulbunyanjr@hotmail.com ) 209.214.52.78

Its probally old pipes from the well. Let it run for a while to clean out. This may or may not help. I would also think about a good water filter that uses sand or salt. This happened to us when we lived in Homosassa Springs, we just ran it a while to clean it out. I don't know why it started but it did. I installed a water system, used from a freind and never had to worry with it again. It also made the water taste better. Maybe this will help you, if not someone else here may
be along soon to shed more light. Good luck

I have to chuckle at this one

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/19/2003. ( ) 64.12.96.78

Now Im not knocking Kristin, at least she HAS hair, Im a bit on the "thin" side, mind you. But with so many goofballs complaining that we get off topic, Id have figured they would go nuts on this one! As for your own hair, Im not gonna tell you any better then Paul did, and besides, who would take me seriously? Ha ha ha! But when it comes to the taxidermy water uses, I prefer to go grab some city water or treated water for pickles, tans, etc...

A new Carrot top!

This response submitted by John C on 01/19/2003. ( ) 64.216.172.61

You should be easy to spot at the WTC.

search head

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 01/19/2003. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 152.163.189.171

What is your IQ, maybe your turning into a search head for the taxidermy industry. If you are at a show, and people see the orange head in the room, they might hit you up with questions. See, taxidermy is always evolveing, maybe this is caused by you being on this site and you have taken in vast amounts of information from the search button. You being blonde, the search button has probably taken a liking to you, and has takin you under its wing. I say , go with it, and see where it takes you.

bad hair

This response submitted by bob m. on 01/19/2003. ( ) 63.214.75.190

it could be from clorine too.

Oh No!

This response submitted by Sid on 01/22/2003. ( sidstaxidermy@att.net ) 12.82.157.190

Oh Kristen, there is a shampoo on the market called "scruples" and it really works well to remove all kinds of awful stuff out of hair. And there is a product called "iron out" for your tub and sink and on and on. I don't think I'd use that on my hair however. But it works well on clothes if the iron is getting on that too. But I would try to find the scruples shampoo, works really well. Hope this helps!

Too funny!

This response submitted by Nancy M. on 01/23/2003. ( ) 67.3.75.201

Our well water is also heavily loaded with iron. It settles out and makes the toilets look GROSS, and on some days I can even smell it as it comes from the faucet.
Yes, it does have an effect on my hair color. I discovered this the last time I visited out of state. Without that helpful layer of yellowish rust, all of those grey hairs really stand up and shine!
I couldn't WAIT to get back home and get them blended back in with those that remain blonde.
Too much reality!

Greybird

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu