Coyote mounting help

Submitted by Donnie on 01/30/2003. ( ddrgolf03@yahoo.com ) 209.17.75.51

I am going to attempt my first coyote shoulder mount. I was wondering if I should stay away from an open mouth mount for my first one and go with a closed mouth? I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help provide directions of tips? I have also heard about spliting the lips, ears and nose and was wondering if anyone could provide some insight as to what this means and how to do it.
Thanks,
Donnie

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

1st dog

This response submitted by Aaron Honeycutt on 01/30/2003. ( mhoney@mindspring.com ) 165.247.137.147

Donnie, Splitting lips,nose, eyes, and turning ears are real basic things to taxidermy. If you are not educated on these I would recomend leaving the dog in the freezer untill you learn more. The orange "search" button to the left of this screen will get you answers to at least 80% of your questions on basic taxidermy technique.Also a good way to start is to order some books or videos. I wouldn't discourage you for anything but better to learn more before putting in a lot of time on a project that is sure to disappoint you if you don't. Good luck,Aaron H.

get some squirrels

This response submitted by gary on 02/04/2003. ( ) 12.150.49.130

i agree, let the dawg chill in the freezer for a while. i started on squirrels and coons. a lot the same principals apply and they are easy to come by to work with.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu