Goat/sheep form?

Submitted by Becky P on 12/05/2003. ( ) 205.188.209.73

O.k. don't laugh. My goat died this morning. I've had her for about 9 or 10 years. I don't know what kind of goat she is, she just followed my truck home one day (honest). I never could find her owner so I kept her. Anyway, I don't want to just throw her to the buzzards, so if I can get her skinned through the tears, I'm going to mount her. I can not find a "goat" form(in any of my catalogs) close to the right measurements (5 3/8 x 11 1/2). A mouflon "sheep" form is the closest. My question is: is there alot of difference in the shape of their heads or can a goat and sheep form be interchanged? Or would it be better to get a goat form and reduce it?
Also, she has different colored eyes. So I'm undecided if I should try to match their origanl color or use the same color. I have pictures of her that I would probably put with the mount and you can definitely tell they are different colored. Any opinions one way or the other?
Thanks, BP

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Touchstone

This response submitted by Glenn on 12/05/2003. ( unkfuz@aol.com ) 152.163.252.163

Becky, they have some neck and shoulder forms for Spanish and domestic goats. Sound like you're doing just the head? They have a neck(ST) and shoulder(LT) forms that are both 5-1/2x12.
Glenn

Thanks, Glenn

This response submitted by Becky P on 12/05/2003. ( ) 205.188.209.8

I forgot about Touchstone. They have alot of stuff some of the others don't have. Guess I'm too upset to think straight. You are right about a shoulder mount. Wish I could do a lifesize, but I don't have any room for it. I may go ahead and skin her for lifesize, just in case I find some extra space.
Thanks again. BP

About the eyes

This response submitted by Superpig on 12/05/2003. ( ) 198.81.26.78

why don't you give Paul at Tohicken Glass Eyes a call? If you send them a pic of your goat's eye they can recreate it the exact same it used to be.

Thanks SP

This response submitted by Becky P on 12/05/2003. ( ) 64.12.96.105

I just might do that.
BTW, I think she broke her neck, either trying to jump out of her pen or head butting a wall. Two of her favorite past times. Third would be eating rosebushes, roses first. BP

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu