Bugling Elk Mannikin Preferences

Submitted by MS on 04/07/2004 at 18:08. ( bakerview3@aol.com ) 198.81.26.74

I'd be interested to hear of your preferences to a particular bugling elk form? I have used elk forms from McKenzie and Research Mannikins but as of yet never done a bugle mount. I currently have two to do and would welcome any and all comments regarding your preferences. Thanks in advance.
MS

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

unconventional

This response submitted by DF on 04/07/2004 at 21:34. ( ) 198.81.26.45

Whichever form you use I like to approach it a little differently. Instead of cutting the lower jaw off to set the jawset, split the head in two halves right down the middle instead. This will allow you to nestle the jawsets into the proper position with the upper and lower lips somewhat wrapped around and over the jawset. It is mor time consuming but well worth it. Forms are usually cast with easy demolding in mind and as always use lots of reference. DF

Personal Preferance

This response submitted by Little Bear on 04/08/2004 at 15:14. ( ) 205.188.116.135

Hello. I have used both McKenzie and Jonas. I just finished a Jonas that I absolutely love. Very realistic jaw set, alot of muscle structure in the form itself. You might want to try them for a bugling. 800-525-6379 to order a catalog

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu