deer hide taking over 7 months to get from WBplace

Submitted by Dave Cook on 05/19/2004 at 13:19. ( battlefish@aol.com ) 152.163.253.9

I sent 2 Deer Hides to WB Place to tan for me and it has been over 7 months,and still no hide or word from them on when I will get them. every time I call them they say 2 more weeks is anyone else having a problem with this company? this is very un-pro like

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Dave, shoulda read the archives

This response submitted by George on 05/19/2004 at 23:25. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.252.199

That's why many of us recommend Quil Ceda in Marysville Washington for garment tanning our hides with hair off. WB Place is a garment manufacturer and your work is at the very bottom of the scale. So you aren't disappointed later, don't expect to get YOUR hides back either. They'll eventually send you back a hide of "comparable size". Been there, done that, always used Quil Ceda ever since.

Its no hide or hair from them

This response submitted by Brad on 05/22/2004 at 07:39. ( ) 64.12.116.131

Most places that do leather, usually do all their customers hides at once, which means once a year. I always tell all my customers that we do leather once a year, and let them know the colors that are available. Some places are more reputable than others ofcourse, but they are all generally the same. The best thing to do is to mark your hides,and use something original somewhere on the hide, that only you know is there, then let the company know that you want your original hides back or you will need to do business with another company.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu