jaw set wet look

Submitted by Chris on 06/08/2004 at 19:25. ( ) 66.180.141.8

I just wanted to know what all you spray on the jaw set and tongue to give it the wet look? i noticed the boar on the cover of Taxidermy Today mounted on the coombs classic mannikin had a nice wet look, and the artificial jaw set doesnt. is there anything i can use from a local hardware store or walmart etc. to achieve the wet look. thanks, Chris..

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Chris

This response submitted by Susan on 06/08/2004 at 19:41. ( ) 205.188.116.133

Just use the gloss-coat you spray in your airbrush for finishing your mounts, it usually does just fine!-Susan

Howzit Chris

This response submitted by Hogger on 06/09/2004 at 04:59. ( ) 4.7.220.198

I bought this stuf called Triple Thick gloss glaze Diamond clear finish in the Walmart hobby section. It has a real high gloss and goes on thick which looks real nice. It's a small bluish can.

Bear Question

This response submitted by william on 07/06/2004 at 10:15. ( newsome@seark.net ) dl-lv1-13.seark.net

I've just finished my first black bear.The bear looks fine but I've got a question about dyed skin. Can someone tell me what I need to use to dye my bear. Also do you just dye the underside or the whole bear. My mount is standing on back legs. Any help would be appreceaited.
Thanks

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu