Boar Mouth Cup?

Submitted by AJ on 10/11/04 at 6:50 PM. ( ) 198.93.211.139

I'm planning to do my first Russian Boar and have a few questions for the professionals in here?

1. I see that Noonkeester's offers a boar mouth cup. Has anyone used these before to give me their opinions? Is this the way to go, or is it best to just use the jaw sets and finish the inner mouth?

2. W/ the Cup can i still use a lip slot and tuck the lip in then epoxy-sculpt the joint. Or is it best to glue the lip and finish the same way?

3. Do i finsh the lip then glue the whets and tusks in? The top tusks cover the lip pretty close i didnt know if i could get the lip done after gluing them in?

Thanks i Always appriciate the help. I tried the search, but turned up empty. Thanks again.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

i just did my first boar

This response submitted by charles on 10/11/04 at 9:57 PM. ( ) 207.69.137.204

AJ first of all Noonkester is no longer in buisness McKenzie bought them, i used the jawset and no cup and i installed the tusk before i mounted the boar it worked out good for me which i ordered the mounting a wild boar A to Z with rick carter video from WASCO and watched it like 4 times before i mounted the boar and i gotta say that for my first boar it turned out great without the video i probably wouldnt have done a good job though so my advice to you is if the boar isnt yours and your doing it for a customer order the video befor you mount it just my opinion a $20 video is better than learning by your error.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu