Boar trouble again (same client)

Submitted by samantha on 10/14/04 at 6:38 AM. ( ) 203.220.108.163

I wrote earlier about the 'boar too clean'. Its a totally black boar.
Now the bloke wants it 'dirtyier' but not rolled in the mud dirtier.
I looked thru the archs and all i could find was mud for bases made with elmers glue or resin. Are either of these ok for boar hair?

I had thought about airbrushing confederate gray lightly in places to give the 'dusty' look.
Any other methods i missed?

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

a link

This response submitted by samantha on 10/14/04 at 6:57 AM. ( ) 203.221.142.94

To the boar in question, http://www.boardogs.org.au/modules/PNphpBB2/files/neckmountboar__small_.jpg

Dirty pigs.

This response submitted by Rick Carter on 10/14/04 at 7:51 AM. ( WASCO ) 67.140.205.254

Samantha, One of the best and realistic ways to dirty up any mount is to use brown sidewalk chalk. Any store who has toys usually sells Crayola Chalk with about 10 colors in a large pail. Rub the chalk across 80 grit sand paper and apply it using a chip brush. Lock the dusty chalk dirt on with clear mat fixative. Another good dust & dirt maker is tile grout and cement coloring dust. You also may be getting the mount too glossy, which makes it look very clean. Try spraying over the mount with satin clearcoat or gloss-flattener.

Samantha

This response submitted by Evelyn on 10/14/04 at 11:32 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.134

Make sure you get paid up front from this customer for this extra work. Don't do this for free or on credit. He may not like the boar after it's been dirtied either and might balk at paying you for the work. Some people cannot be satisfied no matter what you do.

Thanks Rick and Evelyn.

This response submitted by samantha on 10/14/04 at 6:50 PM. ( ) 203.220.108.30

We do have those products here and will give them a go.
Thanks for the tips.
Yes, he has paid up front ;-)

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu