cow elk forms

Submitted by Jeanette Hall on 10/17/04 at 1:39 PM. ( Eagle93245@yahoo.com ) 63.86.173.213

Why is it that there are so few cow elk forms? I found ONE in Jonas and that was it! I know that many people mount cows to complement bulls, so why the lack of good quality forms? I was given a beautiful cow cape and want to mount it with a bull. The donor had left the head inside and I see too many differences in the head to just fill the antler base on a bull and call it a cow form.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Jeanette, did you check Research?

This response submitted by George on 10/17/04 at 3:59 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.133

And though there may be a "lot" of people who mount cows in areas where elk live, every hunter I know only goes a couple times a lifetime looking for Bullwinkle and not Elsie. No self serving Easterner would ever have a cow elk mounted for fear of the ridicule he'd get from his buddies.

I think...

This response submitted by Jeanette on 10/18/04 at 11:35 AM. ( ) 63.86.173.139

I'll just make my own. It is a shame that some people would snub a cow just because she totes no headgear. They are beautiful, and the one that was given to me has a long mane and blonde highlights under her jaw. Oh well, you may just end up seeing her when I come to Souix Falls.

Well...

This response submitted by Kevan on 10/18/04 at 6:58 PM. ( ) 4.10.186.223

That's because that is called a pic of a "tiger".....

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu