WTB kudu nose/upper lip.......parts

Submitted by G. Seekins on 11/16/04 at 9:22 PM. ( seekins@ceadarstump.com ) 70.57.165.14

A customer's kudu cape is missing part of its nose and upper lip area. I would like to buy a tanned greater kudu muzzle to patch it or the entire face, a short cape........ Whatever you have that i could cut up and make it work. Can you recommend a source that might have one (in the US). The cape is fairly large off of a 57" bull.
thanks Glen

gseekins@spraycool.com
seekins@ceadarstump.com

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

do what u want, but....

This response submitted by Branden on 11/16/04 at 9:30 PM. ( ) 129.93.17.64

I had the same thing happen to me about a year ago with a longhorn steer, the lips werent too bad, but most of the nose was pretty messed up. I asked on here and was told to get some apoxie sculpt, its two parts, sets up in about an hour or so. i just put the skin on like normal, pinned what was left of the nose in place, glued it down and filled in the rest with sculpt, mimicking the texture from referance pictures. worked like a charm to repair the nose, customer would have never known. anyway, goodluck

well....

This response submitted by gseekins on 11/16/04 at 9:42 PM. ( ) 70.57.165.14

thanks, but its not the nose im worried about as much as the white and brown hair thats gone beside it and below it :). I can rebuild the nose with sculpt, but im not sure what to do about all of the skin and hair thats no longer there.
.....I hate african capes.

don't mickey mouse change the cape

This response submitted by Laurier on 11/17/04 at 8:38 AM. ( houlel@onlink.net ) 209.105.208.33

-=

I wish I could

This response submitted by gseekins on 11/17/04 at 10:49 AM. ( ) 66.236.1.91

I wish I could replace the cape, but the customer wants his cape on the mount. he had a rough go in Africa and someone took his horns and sold them. He had to fight for 3 years to get the rest of his animals back to the states. He did mark his capes, so he knows it is indeed his cape and he doesn't want a different one....so im patching

Thanks, Glen

found what i needed

This response submitted by glen on 11/18/04 at 1:57 PM. ( ) 66.236.1.91

thanks animal artistry !

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu