nose color

Submitted by jamie on 11/24/04 at 2:27 PM. ( ) 165.121.82.179

I need some help with nose painting I am a novice and i mix black and brown to paint my nose but never really comes out realistic i thought about maybe just a clear coat to keep the natural color any help would be appreciated

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

just recently.................

This response submitted by Jack M. on 11/24/04 at 3:25 PM. ( slugger332002@yahoo.com ) 216.81.98.72

the same question came up. I'm not going to say use the search button and go thru the archives. Bill Yox has an excellent painting schedule in the Breakthrough Magazine Vol. 59. A good eye reference is included in the same. My advice to you is order this copy for a reference, I did just to see how much his and my work compare. Reference and practice will get you there. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving. Cheers, Jack.

I always

This response submitted by jim on 11/24/04 at 6:37 PM. ( ) 63.227.249.26

airbrush spray light coats of differnt colors on noses starting with a pink to look for flaws and a pin hole I might of missed, then grey ,then dark brown. I never use black.

Recreate the origingal color

This response submitted by Mike on 12/5/04 at 2:57 PM. ( ) 66.2.148.248

I've seen live deer noses that are dark grey, dark brown, black or a combination of the three. Through the tanning and drying processes, the color often changes. Paint it to best bring back the original color of the nose for each specimine. I do this by by photgraphing each deer's face before caping it and also jot down some notes on various technicalities of each nose, eye or what ever.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu