adding to a form?

Submitted by Jim on 11/4/04 at 8:36 PM. ( jimwright_1@netzero.com ) 24.113.91.37

hey guys
I have a blk bear that Im mounting, but the form Is to small on the cheeks and ear bases by 1" - 1 1/2". the nose and eyes fit great, but his head is coned shaped. what is beast to use to fill this in? I thinking mache . what can you guys recommend doing. I have very good photos and measurements of the head of the bear for reference but this is stumping me Jim

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Jim

This response submitted by Ken Walker on 11/4/04 at 10:34 PM. ( () ) 154.11.37.175

If you think it needs changing then by all means change it.Use whatever medium you are comfortable with .You'll be glad you did.

A change-out head

This response submitted by George on 11/4/04 at 10:35 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.117.6

Anytime you try to "add" to a form without resculpting it, you're asking for trouble. I suspect your measurements are off.

what I thought

This response submitted by jim on 11/5/04 at 4:22 PM. ( ) 24.113.91.37

I thought the mesurments were off but they are on he just hsa a wierd head. should I put any wire ir mesh in the mache to keeo it from cracking and how easy will it form can i file it when dry I have searched every company I can find and no one makes a form to fit this guy I have the closest one thanks for the in put.Jim

You may wish to split the form.

This response submitted by JOhn C on 11/5/04 at 7:50 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

JUst adding to the form is not best in MY OPINION.

Cut it in the middle and brace it open, pour a bit on mix foam.

I kind of expect the hide also let out when it was fleshed or shaved.

Remember its better for the skin to be a bit loose than tight!

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu