will everyone read!

Submitted by kevin on 11/5/04 at 8:16 AM. ( ) 209.142.170.107

I asked a question here last night and almost every answer someone was being a smart assssss. If you think it is a dumb question just dont respond. I learned a lot from this sight before but now it is full of politics and smartasses.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

i agree

This response submitted by james on 11/5/04 at 8:27 AM. ( ) 192.234.241.102

I agree with you completely, seems like all that most want to answer is to tell you to use the orange search button, not really sure if they are just being a smartass or if they really do not know the answer and try to seem smart, i do agree that if they dont want to answer just dont respond at all.

one more thing

This response submitted by james on 11/5/04 at 8:29 AM. ( ) 192.234.241.102

Iwould answer your question but i have never did a europena mount on an elk so i dont know, sorry

James,

This response submitted by Todd B on 11/5/04 at 9:11 AM. ( ) 4.225.17.221

People here are generally very helpful. But there comes a time when people need to try and research things for themselves. That is why we suggest the orange button. There is a wealth of knowledge in the archives if people will just try and look for themselves. Than if you cannot find the answer then ask it. Over the past years since this site has been here, do you know haw many of the same exact questions have been asked numerous times? Well if you have been on the forums for a while you would. And the don't respond scenario is a no win situation also. Because if noone responds you get the cry babies coming and sayin "why won't anyone answer my question" I will gladly help anyone who needs it but people need to try and help themselves. Some of the questions are "asking how do you mount something? We cannot tell you that here. People need to read books and get videos. If you need something feel free to e-mail me or use the orange button. I will help if I can.

todd@buckspromounttaxidermy.com

Kevin

This response submitted by Evelyn on 11/5/04 at 9:18 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.68

What was the question? Can't find your post.

it's always the same smart ass punks

This response submitted by Laurier on 11/5/04 at 9:21 AM. ( houlel@onlink.net ) 209.105.208.254

they always have a smart ass comment to say , but will never give their (real) name,e-mail, or phone number, just hide behind their PC
If all you can do is shoot your dam mouths off, then please DO NOT REPLY

Great Post Todd

This response submitted by George on 11/5/04 at 9:35 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.117.9

Kevin, you and Laurier need to read what Todd wrote. I saw your post and I, like Todd said, have personally answered similar posts for about a half dozen times. They're all in the archives (read SEARCH icon). John gave you a good answer and instead of giving you the "smartass" reply of CHECK THE FREAKING ARCHIVES, I ignored it. You are the epitomy of the problem here. When you ask a question, you don't expect to do any homework. You want instant gratification. When WE don't answer you because its already as close as your fingertips with the SEARCH icon, you bitch because we don't respond or only get "smartassed" comments. You know, Ken Edwards could close this site down completely, and then where the hell would people who whine like you go to for information? Before you start biting the hands that feed you, maybe you'd be wise to think first.

George I did read todd's post

This response submitted by Laurier on 11/5/04 at 10:04 AM. ( houlel@onlink.net ) 209.105.208.254

I also am here to help I have 32 years under my belt, Yes check the archives first.All I am saying is the smart ass's hidind behind their pc's stop making this site into a joke.Grow up !

Give me, give me, give me.

This response submitted by John C on 11/5/04 at 11:30 AM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

There is a reason the search button is there.
Learn to use it!

If you dont know the proper term ask for the term.

None of the regular here mind answering a question but YOU MUST WORK FOR YOUR ANSWER!

Additionally at the bottom of the catagory you will find the ARCHIVES!.

99% of the questions ask, the ANSWER HAS BEEN POSTED 100 times, if you will start sorting and reading the archives you will learn a lot, more than you can imagine!

archives not always the answer

This response submitted by gary on 11/5/04 at 2:25 PM. ( ) 206.114.49.3

taxidermy is like anything else where different and better methods are developed over time. going to the archives is fine but keep in mind that new and better answers may be available and it may be as simple as a different person answering the question. we all do some things the same and much more different.

gary and others

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/5/04 at 3:14 PM. ( ) 67.138.13.10

THIS is in the archives too. So many people come in here with this exact same bitch. Ive been here since this sites inception, as has George and some others. Its always the same. The whole idea of an archive is so this stuff ISNT repeated over and over again. Use the search button, thats why Ken spent so much time and money for it to be there.

The other thing, and Ive said this too many times already, is this. The more times people like you ask without first checking the archives, the more chances there is of getting poor information as a newest reply. Of course, then that gets archived as well, and soon enough, youll be back at square one.

NOW do you see why we suggest the archives? Some might "sound" snippy suggesting it, but personally, my computer doesnt have that function on it, that allows me to know what way a person typed his written words. Take some time someday, and just breeze through the archives with ANY subject, and see what you see. Maybe then youll see things in a different light...

some of the arcive stuff dont show up

This response submitted by Jim on 11/5/04 at 4:34 PM. ( ) 24.113.91.37

I search for every question but the stuff about form molding would not show up for me and the water fowl license stuff also and I got help and a butt chewing its all good. (but Is it normal or was it removed) I just think It could be brought to folks attention in a nicer way. were all adults here and we should act like it
with out the attitudes. Thanks for the help that every one gives, and remember to respect this place it helps allot and I do agree with searching the question at hand first. just my .02 jim

Why cry about it

This response submitted by Dan on 11/5/04 at 5:41 PM. ( ) 199.141.125.33

My question is why cry about it. I posted a question for the first time yesterday, after searching the archives for a couple hours. I got a response that told me to search. I had already used the exact search they told me to use, but someone else answered my question. My point is taking a little crap for asking a question seems like a small cost, when it comes to not screwing up a paying customers or your own stuff.

Laurier

This response submitted by oldshaver on 11/5/04 at 8:27 PM. ( ) 207.69.14.188

Lay off the caffine man! I have seen this point made about hiding behind a computer more than once, and I dont understand it. Unless a name can be identified with a face, what difference does it make? I have seen a few of these guys in Breakthrough, but the rest, I wouldnt know them from Adam, name or not! I could tell you my name is Aubrey Young, and live in North Carolina, but you still wont be able to put a name with a face. As for phone number, very few are going to do that. Just dont seem like a good idea.

What is the damn site here for?

This response submitted by Tom on 11/5/04 at 9:19 PM. ( ) 207.19.167.251

If some of you don't want to answer the questions then don't. The last time I checked this is what the site is for. It is no worse than all the stupid ass political Bulls@#$ that has been posted here for the last two months. Again if you don't want to answer DON'T!

Hell if you can't deal with it

This response submitted by Ron on 11/6/04 at 10:15 PM. ( ) 205.231.189.206

just shut the site down except for the search button. It has ALL and I repeat ALL been asked before for Gods sake. Lighten the fudge up.

Hey Kevin

This response submitted by t.d. on 11/9/04 at 10:20 PM. ( ) 170.215.145.142

Hey were'd Kevin go. I think his tail is tucked between his legs somewhere.hahahaha

WHAT WAS

This response submitted by ? on 11/10/04 at 12:03 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.137

THE ?

new stuff

This response submitted by christine on 11/19/04 at 8:08 AM. ( cmatuse31@yahoo.com ) 159.105.126.226

Perhaps someone has come up with some sort of new method, and the only way it will be shared is if someone asks the question again. Or perhaps someone does it differently and has never shared the idea before.

I always thought they said there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu