George & Todd b

Submitted by Kevin on 11/5/04 at 10:01 AM. ( ) 209.142.170.107

I don't mean to be rude, but I did ckeck the archives. I didn't see an amount of time they neede to be boiled. I spent probably 20 minutes looking there. Why does it sometimes go to the specific questions that people have qasked and other times it goes to a list of the archives.(not sure that made sence)

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

call me

This response submitted by Laurier on 11/5/04 at 10:06 AM. ( houlel@onlink.net ) 209.105.208.254

Kevin call me at (705)476-0483 and I will walk you through it

Kevin

This response submitted by George on 11/5/04 at 10:09 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.131

When you decide to boil them, there IS no set time, You need to watch them closely and constantly. The thin bones in the face and nostrils will actually boil away if you don't monitor it closely, and obviously, the size of the animal is going to dictate how long that will take. John's advice about masceration is still the best. You can set them in a drum, bucket or barrel full of water and let them take their own sweet time without the constant monitoring. If you're in a more cool temperate zone, this time of year is not the best for masceration I fear. Just be VERY CAREFUL with boiling.

Kevin

This response submitted by Todd B on 11/5/04 at 12:05 PM. ( ) 4.225.19.140

I am not a big fan of boiling skulls. I was told it weakened the bone so therefore I usually macerate all of my skulls. The result of the smell I do not like, but it works very well if you are not in a hurry.

Todd B

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu