My first elk

Submitted by Jeffrey on 11/7/04 at 10:37 PM. ( ) 68.116.116.54

I just finished my first elk today. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I've been checking the forum daily and have gotten a lot of great tips from many people. I have mounted 3 ducks,1 pheasant,1 raccoon, 1 nice blacktail, and now just finished a roosevelt elk with a 34 inch neck. My next project is going to be a black bear rug. I can't wait to get started and I'm sure I'll be spending many hours using the search button gathering up more information for this project. Thanks for the help, Jeffrey

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

You from Oregon?

This response submitted by Matt on 11/13/04 at 1:15 AM. ( mdsle1@cascadeaccess.com ) 64.233.104.149

I'm wondering if you're from Oregon since you've mounted a Blacktail and Roosevelt? Sounds like you're just starting out as well. I live in Oregon and am just starting to delve into taxidermy. Have a long time taxidermist that is going to give me a hand. Have three elk and a muley to do as my first projects.

Yes

This response submitted by Jeff on 11/13/04 at 2:02 AM. ( ) 68.116.116.54

I live in Oregon. Where at in Oregon do you live? Which animal do you plan on mounting first the muley or one of the elk.

Sandy area

This response submitted by Matt on 11/14/04 at 2:16 AM. ( ) 64.233.104.90

I'm not sure which one to do first. Probably start with one of the elk since I've got three to practice on. Where in Oregon you at?

Astoria

This response submitted by Jeff on 11/15/04 at 1:12 AM. ( jeffreyhawk@charter.net ) 68.116.116.54

Are you doing the elk for yourself, friends, or costumers? I did'nt really find mounting the elk versus the deer a whole lot harder rather than wrestling the elk cape onto the form. If you have a nice stand to put the form on it helps out.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu