Smelly Goat ?

Submitted by Chris on 2/1/05 at 7:46 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.198

I have a Spanish Goat shoulder mount that my uncle killed in probably 20 years ago. The mount is really good but I have to leave it in an old outbuilding because it's smells so bad. I had a taxidermist clean it about 10 years ago. The hair really shined up good but the smell was still there. I've looked through all of my catalogs and did'nt see anything that powerful so I was wandering if any of you guys have a miracle cure because I would love to hang it my shop. Thanks for your time.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Use a clothes pin

This response submitted by One Box on 2/1/05 at 11:19 PM. ( ) 4.7.214.214

Apply snuggly to your nose. That should cure the problem Chris. Yeah those things can get nasty and I'm not sure you can get one that stubborn to quit smelling. I'd like to know too.

Thanks One Box, But !

This response submitted by Chris on 2/2/05 at 12:15 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.131

I don't think a clothes pin would cut it and I would have to give one to all my customers to (if they stayed that long) this thing is nasty. It's really a shame though it's a beautiful mount. I guess I just make an 8"x10" picture and hang that in my shop.

Contact Bruce Rittel

This response submitted by George on 2/2/05 at 9:38 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.130

Buy some of his product that removes lanolin. That's what stinks. Then take your goat out in the driveway, hose it down, wash it down, rinse it, blow it dry and the stench will have gone away. BTW, after I wash it, I use Downey clothes softener on it and THEN rinse it off. Leaves a much more pleasant smell that goat lanolin.

George

This response submitted by Chris on 2/2/05 at 10:17 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.130

Is it called "lanolin hair spray". If so I saw the product on the Rittel site and I will try it. Thanks!

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu