Your Favorite Forms

Submitted by J on 2/8/05 at 10:39 PM. ( ) 198.53.240.50

Hey gang, what's everyones favorite forms (kind, position, company) out there for whitetails and mule deer. I live in Canada and mount those big-a$$ed Canadian Whiteys and Mulies. I've used the Meder WT forms by Mackenzie, I really like them. I also have had good luck with Joe Coombs forms in both WT and MD. Tried Epply forms but wasn't really impressed with them. Whats everyone else's preference out there ? Would be nice to hear from some of the pros!

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Joe Coombs whitetails and Bill Lancaster muleys

This response submitted by Hogger on 2/9/05 at 2:16 AM. ( ) 4.7.219.33

Oh, and Joe Coombs wild boar.

I'll second Lancaster's mulies

This response submitted by Danny on 2/9/05 at 11:14 AM. ( ) 65.214.185.14

In my opinion, you can't beat Lancaster's mulies. I've been using his forms through Research for a while and love them. Most recently I used a form from his Tru-fitt line and loved the look I got. He really captures what a big, mature muley looks like. His elk forms are great too. I love Joe Coombs pronghorn forms, and I also like his elk forms. I don't do enough whitetails to have a strong opinion.

Never did a Muley...yet.

This response submitted by Adam on 2/10/05 at 5:03 PM. ( amctaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 207.255.58.120

..but have two to do for myself. Not sure who's forms I will go with on those yet... I've found for whitetails, that the First Honest line from Research Mannikins mounts up easily for me for winter deer, McKenzie's are good except sometimes the faces are too thin and need built up, I haven't tried Coombs yet but I have two of his to try, and Ben Mears forms fit like a glove...

My favorite pose is the "Not quite 90 degrees" form for whitetails.. I also like the 6500s from McKenzie...I don't like deer or animals mounted looking straight forward...I just don't like that look...its sterile and dead looking to me..

Mule deer, Blacktail deer, Elk

This response submitted by MS on 2/12/05 at 10:11 AM. ( bakerview3@aol.com ) 152.163.100.132

Mule Deer- We use McKenzie forms and Bill Lancaster forms from Research Mannikins. Typically, we use the Semi sneak and the upright. For a full sneak, I personally like the McKenzie forms best.

Blacktail Deer- We use Lancaster forms from Research Mannikins exclusively. We use all the positions; Soft upright, semi sneak, and full sneak. The only form in this line that I don't care for is the 17-1/2 inch neck size. The lip line of this form looks different than the rest, so we do a little alteration. Otherwise these are perfect for the blacktails in our area. They are a very good looking mount.

Elk- We use McKenzie forms mostly and occassionally, a Lancaster form from Research. I have used pretty much all of the McKenzie forms and Like them a lot and have used a few Lancaster elk successfully also.

I use these forms as well as others, but I like these the most because they are typically accurate, easy to use and my customers like the results.
MS

900 Series(Noonkester)

This response submitted by Chris on 2/15/05 at 1:00 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.132

It looks awesome when you pin the ears back and show the white part of the eyes.

Sorry !

This response submitted by Chris on 2/17/05 at 12:05 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.133

WASCO labels it as their 900 series, Noonkester labels it Series 9. It's a Gene Smith design.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu