McKenzie New Deer Form Faces

Submitted by Todd on 2/10/05 at 6:20 PM. ( trfishn@aol.com ) 152.163.100.198

The other day I read a post and some responses regarding McKenzie deer forms about the faces being very thin. Today I received my forms and I was surprised to see that this was fact. I have ordered McKenzie forms for over 30 years and I still have their 1st 2 page catalog from the early 70s. The noses on these new forms are as small as some of our fawns up here. These are surpose to be forms to fit 200lb. plus deer. And George you argued defending McKensie's form and wouldn't back down on this issue. My question to you is, if this be the case then why has McKensie acknowledge this problem and admit the problem and in the process of reworking many of their recent molds? You can put a 6 year old boy in a mens xxx extra large suit but that don't mean it will fit him very well. Todd

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Todd

This response submitted by gordon on 2/10/05 at 6:52 PM. ( ) 142.177.200.157

Some big deer have small hose as a matter of fact I often have to alter nose because they are tooo big and I'm taking about maine type deer!

Noses as small as fawns?

This response submitted by Ted on 2/10/05 at 7:45 PM. ( ) 24.72.93.227

I haven't found that one, they fit the nose on our Saskatchewan Bucks just fine to me, and these aren't 200lb deer I'm talking about either.

Todd, where is that coming from

This response submitted by George on 2/10/05 at 10:23 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.133

READ THE POST. I stated that I tried to only use the 6500 series and WAS NOT FAMILIAR with the newer line of forms. I'll take any heat I deserve, but I fight like hell when what I say is distorted. Have you contacted Mike Gillis or Tom Powell. They are quite sensative to customer (I AM one of those, I am NOT an employee). My remarks about the old 7000 series ended up getting it removed form the market years back. Try calling them.

deer forms

This response submitted by Jesse on 2/11/05 at 9:28 AM. ( ) 12.172.241.196

I have had some trouble with these new McKenzie forms also.I contactd them and explained to the nice young lady that answered the phone,that some of these Pa. deer got 17 & 18" necks but there noses are real wide.I told the lady that I believe that some of these deer are rutted out from breeding season.I mentioned maybe putting the nose sizes of there 23 & 24" deer on their 17 & 18" deer forms.She said she would tell the proper people of this matter. Lets see what happens.

Restoring color to Pronghorn antelope mount

This response submitted by Bill on 2/13/05 at 9:15 AM. ( ) 24.51.30.105

I have a beautiful pronghorn antelope mount that is about 20 years old and the color is faded some. Is there any hair dye that could be brushed onto the brown areas to restore the rich brown color And will Knoblochs bleach work on the white. (the hair is quite brittle from aging) Thanks for any suggestions, I don't want to experiment on a quite nice mount.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu