Need help fast!

Submitted by Gary on 2/12/05 at 6:03 PM. ( ) 207.69.138.133

I'm working on a black bear shoulder mount, my third bear that I've done, I just got it out of the pickle this morning, neutralized and then tanned with McKenzie tanning oil, the hair is starting to slip in the back corner of one of the eyes, approx. 1/8 X 1', I was planning on mounting tom. morning, was wondering if I should continue and finish mounting tonight, I doused the area with acetone after I was finished with the tanning process and what would be the best way to repair this, no way to replace the cape, it is an unusual bear for this area with a white V on its neck/brisket.
I have some stop-slip but I dont care for it because of the residue left on the cape. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Mount it now.

This response submitted by John C on 2/12/05 at 6:34 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

Better to get it mounted now, and put a small fan on it.
Tomorrow may be to late and you could loose the whole cape.

Yes Sir

This response submitted by Adam on 2/13/05 at 3:45 PM. ( ) 12.214.227.161

You need to get it mounted and get it set. Like John said keep air moving over it to get it there.

It seems fine now..

This response submitted by Gary on 2/13/05 at 11:06 PM. ( ) 207.69.138.140

I went ahead and finished it that night, was grooming it today and had a spot about the size of a quarter slip off completely, repaired it though, have the fan setting on it and another I done today. Hope all goes well from here. Thanks for the input guys

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu