Boar hog painting

Submitted by TM on 2/15/05 at 7:47 PM. ( ) 67.14.219.194

Just mounted a 300lb. boar hog. Pickled and tanned myself. The weak haired areas around the eye and bricket area maintained the natural color. Just wondering if most of you paint these skin areas or leave it the natural color. This boar is solid black, the skin areas are a gray color. Do I leave it without painting or not? I know that if I paint it black to blend it all together will look nice but it seems more natural like it is. Just wondering what most of you all would do?

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

I would

This response submitted by Cory S on 2/15/05 at 8:22 PM. ( ) 69.66.85.33

With the hogs Ive done in the past Ive asked myself the same question. I have found that painting the skin has givin my hogs a more flawless look. I really like it and my customers do too.

Give it a try

Cory

Agree with Corey

This response submitted by Hogger on 2/15/05 at 11:05 PM. ( ) 4.7.213.225

Base coat, light flesh coat then dark brown (it's almost black). That's for the eyes and around the mouth. The brisket I leave as it is always lighter color than the eyes and the rest.

Cocoa Brown

This response submitted by Hogheaven Wholesale Boars on 2/16/05 at 6:31 PM. ( rc5766@gisco.net ) 64.19.84.174

Is also a very nice color to use on these areas,try it with a little flesh base coat and finish off with a VERY light mist of intense red heavily dilluted with water,its just a light washt,then satin top coat.Adds a little depth to things

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu