setting white banded eyes to look hard to the right

Submitted by doug on 2/17/05 at 8:57 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.198

I want to do a game head mount,im using white banded eyes,i was wanting to make it look like it is looking to the right , to do this can i have the white showing in the front corner of the right eye and have the white showing in the back corner of the left eye.If this isnt right let me know, any help will be thankful.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

just a rule of thumb

This response submitted by mk on 2/17/05 at 9:11 PM. ( ) 216.145.235.166

from what i know if you want more white in the front there should be less white in the back and vice versa.

MK is right

This response submitted by George on 2/17/05 at 10:10 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.130

But take it a step further. You must realize that your eyes are simply glass hemispheres and not glass globes like a live eye would be. You have to rotate the eye on that imaginary axis so as to achieve the best results. That will likely mean filling under one edge of both eyes to get that cast. Remember also, that the eyes never move without contrasting movement of eyebrows. As Ken Walker relates, look at your pet dog and see how those brows change features as the eyes are moved.

YUP

This response submitted by Bradlee on 2/17/05 at 10:38 PM. ( ) 12.227.181.67

As eyes look farther to one side, the eyebrows do move ( the eye on the far side will raise the brow ) and the eye on the far side will even bug out a touch as it stresses the muscles. Atleast mine always have. Bradlee

Do this

This response submitted by Elmer on 2/20/05 at 10:37 AM. ( Tops ) 152.163.100.130

The eyes are like on a cars front axle. Right turn left turn. Take a paddle bit and drill the eye orbit if you want the eyes looking to the right then paddle them out by dividing the eye orbit in half front half needs to be paddled out more on the left side. For the right eye orbit paddle out the backside. Level apply clay and set eyes left eye front of the eye more in right side more backside of the eye. Also keep in mind to take some of the eye brow on the deers left side and raise it by rasping it off . This should do it use reference and play around a little . While the mount is drying pay attention to it on the deers left eye the white should show in the back the deers right eye the white will show in the front.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu