Looking for suggestions

Submitted by Stephen on 4/19/05 at 10:40 PM. ( spankndope@yahoo.com ) 70.178.232.229

I am looking for a suggestion on mounting a deer that a customer brought to me. Two deer died while fighting,locked up tighter than Dicks hat band! Due to space constraints in the customers office, we have decided to mount the largest buck full shoulder and european the smallest buck. However I am unsure of the pose that would bring this treasure justice. I am thinking of shouldering the big deer on a browsing deer, head up and hard turned with open mouth. Then placing tanned pieces of flesh on the European mount. I would greatly appreciate your input and any suggestions. Thank you and God bless.
Stephen-Godfrey Taxidermy

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

No way...

This response submitted by Drew on 4/20/05 at 12:01 AM. ( ) 140.226.180.162

It is so rare to find a true locked set that I would never mount just one. Mount them both as shoulder mounts, and modify the forms to fit in a corner. Even better would be a pedestal mount.

Different

This response submitted by Marc A on 4/20/05 at 8:47 AM. ( ) 206.138.130.2

Yes, it would look best if both were shoulder mounted, but if it has to be done as Stephen says, then I think it would be something different. This would look something like a large buck walking around with the remains of the smaller buck. I think it would look good. I would save the small bucks cape, just in case !

Sleeping/ resting pose...

This response submitted by Craig on 4/20/05 at 9:55 AM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

with a crow or raven eating on the unmounted skull. Just leave a little fake flesh on it. Would make a great conversation piece and look a little more realistic. Just a thought.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu