Is there a product.....

Submitted by tlc on 4/28/05 at 2:46 PM. ( ) 24.166.159.197

that you can use that is comparable to Epo-Grip when tucking lips? I read alot here about Epo-Grip, but have never used it. I'm sure willing to try it, but am mounting up some gameheads this weekend and need some advice now.
thank you!

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

It's more expensive..

This response submitted by tomdes on 4/28/05 at 3:02 PM. ( mapletax@twcny.rr.com ) 148.183.241.13

But Magic Smooth is one of the best adhesives there is.. I use it around the lips, eyes, burrs and even in ears. I haven't found anything as good yet for the ears, Epo-Grip is a good product and I've used it a lot, but I've had some minor drumming with it where I felt I shouldn't have, I've absolutely never had any drumming with MS.. I can't remember you told me here to try it and I'm glad I did.

Tom, Epo-Grip sells that as well

This response submitted by George on 4/28/05 at 7:50 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.131

Their brand is called "Clear Paste" and it cures in 10 minutes. They have a cheaper, stronger grade that is amber colored called #30 Paste which cures in 6 hours.

I can't figure why you'd have ever had drumming with the epoxy hide paste if you pushed all the bubbles out, scuffed the form and washed all the oils from the hide. That's sort of a new area I hadn't heard about before.

George..

This response submitted by tomdes on 4/28/05 at 10:31 PM. ( mapletax@twcny.rr.com ) 24.58.211.158

I can't explain it either, I'm very careful with the ears and all the procedures you stated are my usuals. I'm reluctent to try the clear paste because of the setup time, but the #30 Paste looks pretty good, more to my liking..... thanks George...

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu