Seeking Advice on eye selection and supplier.

Submitted by John on 4/29/05 at 12:56 AM. ( juzjohn1@hotmail.com ) 203.61.177.9

Hi,
I have one elk and one moose to mount. I cannot find a high quality eye for the moose. Any Suggestions? Perhaps an elk 34-35IQ?
I will be using Tohickon IQ for the elk but what size eye would you recommend for a mature 6 * 6 bull elk.
I would be very grateful for your guidance n this matter.
thanks John

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

John, the size of the elk antlers don't mean anything

This response submitted by George on 4/29/05 at 8:22 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.133

Every supplier that sells forms also has a listing of suggested eye sizes right there in the catalog. Pick your form and follow the suggested eye size.

And I don't know about others, but I've suddenly begun questioning these "high quality" eyes. Bill Yox remarked several years back how dumb it was to spend $20 for a pair of "high quality" eyes when most of the "high quality" is covered with clay and a suitable pair doing the same job can be bought for half that price.

Great eyes

This response submitted by Terry on 4/30/05 at 11:31 AM. ( bighunter06@netzero.com ) 4.228.249.170

john I would suggest using the mederIQ out of McKenzie they have good depth and are$11.15 a pair, Ive done a couple of moose and used these eyes and they look great.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu