Just venting on a beautiful spring day.

Submitted by Jerry C on 5/11/05 at 1:25 PM. ( ) 69.169.231.194

I just finished a beautiful 11 point whitetail head. 5 hours! The customer was too lazy to field dress it himself, so he had an oldtimer do the job. Well seems he used some old time method where he made a 6 inch cut in the neck, just above the brisket to cut the wind pipe. I guess this is supposed to make the offal come out more cleanly or something. Has anyone ever tried to hide a six inch jagged cut, right smack in the middle of the neck? Oh, Nellie! Time for lunch!

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

YUP!

This response submitted by jrosbor on 5/11/05 at 2:25 PM. ( joseph.osborn@landsend.com ) 64.73.36.192

Had one like that 2yrs. ago. It's funny, they don't do that after you tell them it is going to cost them an extra $100.00 for a new cape! The one I had two years ago was a pieballed so there was no replacing it. get your hidden stitch ready and have at it! lots of hair spray and carding and it looks fine! cut up and down like that (not side to side) needs no foot ball cut. just sew with a hidden stitch spray with hair spray or use cape set and side brush back and forth! card and you are done! have a good one! joe

LMAO Joe

This response submitted by George on 5/11/05 at 3:27 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.132

You took the words right out of my mouth. Anyone can be ingnorant, but stupid people seem to try harder.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu