one crease or two?

Submitted by tlc on 5/7/05 at 11:55 PM. ( ) 24.166.159.197

I've been combing through reference of Whitetail...some have one crease in the eyelid...others have two. What is your preference?

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Let the skin be your guide.

This response submitted by Sarah on 5/8/05 at 12:05 AM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

If you look really close on many you will see three! The crease does not have much hair in them. Also look at the creases in the tear duct closely, very closely! One big crease and many smaller ones.

tlc

This response submitted by George on 5/8/05 at 9:33 AM. ( georoof@aol.co ) 152.163.100.131

Though Sarah is correct, that's why it's so important to have good reference materials. No matter how many times you've done it, you still should have the reference right there beside you. I find that when I don't, I still "forget" some of the minute details that can make the difference between a good mount and a great one.

Look at you cape

This response submitted by Dean on 5/8/05 at 11:48 AM. ( ) 63.26.114.28

Your cape will tell you how many creases it will have. Look at the eyelid and you can see where the creases are in the skin. Most only have one per side. All my penned deer have only one. I have only mounted a couple with more than one. They are usually from an older buck.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu